Selecting a patio door for the house only seems easy until it is done. It is not that easy as it is thought and requires proper knowledge. The reason for buying patio door varies from person to person. Some buy it while building a new house; some buy for remodeling the home while some buy just to enhance the look of the house.
Now the question is how to choose an ideal patio door. To help you narrow down the options here, we are with the tips by a pro to choose a perfect patio door for your house. Read on the article to know what the tips are.
- Examine what you want –
First and the foremost thing to do is to examine your wants. You can do this by asking the following questions from yourself.
- For what purpose I need the patio door?
- What is the measurement of the place where the door will be installed?
- Do I need any portion of the door to be screened?
- What is your taste in color and finish of the door?
- What style of door will best fit the surroundings?
- What is the budget for the project?
- What are the extreme temperatures of the region where you live?
These questions will also be asked by the professional so prepare yourself accordingly. It will surely help you in selecting a perfect door for your place.
- Check the types of patio doors available –
Don’t forget to review the options available in the types of patio doors. For your knowledge, let’s discuss the kinds of patio doors in short.
- a) Sliding Patio Door - A sliding patio door is evened with the wall, and two door-sized glass panes are placed beside each other on a trail below the door. One pane slide in front of the other to form the open-door space. They are also known as gliding doors.
- b) Hinged Patio Door - It opens to the inside of the home so that patio-living space is preserved, but they can be turned to swing in either direction
- c) Folding Patio Door - It can be made of vinyl, polyester blend fabric or wood and it folds like an accordion. It is the best choice when you have to cover the big opening.
- d) Bi-Parting Patio Door – It is hinged technically and can expand the exit area and the view.
- Look at the glass choices –
While selecting the glass, you have to consider many things which are as follows:
- How much energy-efficiency you want for your glass door?
- Do you want a clear glass or decorative glass?
- What kind of pattern you expect from the patio-door window panes?
It is very important to know how to pick a patio door, especially when you want an energy-efficient door.
- Consider the material of the door frame –
It is also very crucial to decide the material of the frame. Whether you want wooden, steel, vinyl or any other frame.
- If you wish to have something traditional, then go for a wooden frame. Nothing can beat the look of real wood.
- If you want a door of steel frame, then make sure that the steel is thick enough so that it does not get dent easily.
- If you are looking for something inexpensive, then the vinyl frame is the best choice you can make.