The right realtor is the one who is experienced professional, understands your concerns, and holds good knowledge about the market. To make the property buying process smooth and hustle free, it is crucial to hire the best realtor.
If you have any doubt regarding realtor and real estate agent, let me clear that realtor is a licensed real estate agent, but all the real estate agents are not the realtor. So, you have to be careful while choosing a real estate agent for you. Make sure that the realtor is licensed and has good work ethics.
The following are a few tips that you need to consider finding a trustworthy realtor.
- Search for agent listings – There are a lot of websites where you can find a list of real estate agents. But it is not assured that all will be providing quality services. Better is to shortlist two-three highly experienced agents and then study about them and their services on their respective websites. Look only for those agents who are nearby and you can reach them easily. Don’t forget to look for reviews and comments of their previous clients. They can prove to be really helpful in the realtor hiring process.
- Ask a lot of questions – After shortlisting, the next step is to talk to them in person. Fix an appointment with the finalized realtors and meet them individually. A face-to-face meeting will give you a fair idea about what kind of person the realtor is. He is the person who will guide you during the financially significant process. So you should feel comfortable while talking to them.
While interviewing, make sure that you check their knowledge about the real estate properties and market trends. You can ask general questions as follows:
- Do you have a license?
- For how long you have been working as a realtor?
- Do you work with a team?
- What is the number of current clients you are dealing with?
- Have you pocketed any professional award?
These few questions are a great way to initiate a fruitful conversation. If you are buying a home, then you can also ask questions like:
- When will you be available to show houses?
- Can you recommend any home inspector?
- How many homes do you show on an average?
- Are you familiar with the areas I am interested in?
- Ask for referrals – At the end of the interview, ask for references. A professional and dedicated realtor will feel proud in providing references. You can talk to their previous clients and ask some essential questions as given below:
- How was your overall experience?
- What are the plus points of the agent?
- Did you find anything negative about them?
- Was the realtor a good listener?
- Did the agent help you in getting the best price?
At last, verify their license and then hire the realtor you find the best suiting to your needs.