IQOS is a new tobacco product that has been recently given a green signal in the U.S. market. It is basically an electronic device that contains tobacco wrapped in a special paper to produce inhalable aerosols by heating the heet sticks instead of burning them.
IQOS was pioneered by Philips Morris International, a cigarette and tobacco manufacturing company in New York. The concept behind the invention is to allow users to experience safer smoking without inhaling combusted tobacco and start moving on from regular cigarettes.
How Does IQOS Work?
IQOS gives its users the same tobacco taste and satisfaction without having to deal with the mess of cigarette ash and odor. It is a sophisticated, high-tech and an exclusive electronic item that works on heat control technology i.e. it heats the tobacco leaves instead of burning them.
The IQOS kit comes with two devices – one is the Holder that heats the sticks and another is the Pocket Charger to store and charge the holder when not in use or prior to use.
The Holder is usually made of gold or platinum and coated with a ceramic to regulate the heat. It also keeps the standard temperature inside (below 350 degree Celsius) so that the tobacco doesn’t get burnt and the flavor of the nicotine remains intact. The Pocket Charger comes with a charging port and USB adaptor. A fully charged Pocket Charger is good enough to recharge the Holder for 15-20 times.
How to Use IQOS?
Follow the below-mentioned steps one by one to enjoy a better IQOS smoking experience:
- Start by putting the cigarette in the IQOS device.
- Turn on the IQOS device and let it heat for a few seconds (as prescribed by the manufacturer).
- Pay attention to the light blinking on the IQOS device. Once it stops blinking, the device is ready to use.
- The light will change the color after a certain number of puffs and indicates you that it is going to get switched off.
- Once done, open the IQOS device to release the cigarette and put the IQOS back into the Pocket Charger.
- When the light on the Pocket Charger stops flashing, you can start to smoke again with a brand new cigarette.
- You would need to recharge the Pocket Charger when it starts losing its battery.
- You can later use IQOS cleaner or IQOS cleaning stick to clean the Holder. Make sure you don’t use any other cleaning agents or chemicals. Also, make sure you store the device away from water and direct sunlight and never leave it in hot temperatures or else you will end up damaging it.
IQOS was developed to improve the lives of adult smokers by eliminating the need for traditional cigarettes. Without fire, ash or cigarette smoke and less smell, it can somewhat replace the regular smoking outcomes, however, the actual impact remains unknown.