When it comes to designing a new home or remodeling the existing one, many homeowners ignore staircases. But stairs are also a crucial part of a house and are noticed by visitors as they enter your home. The hardwood stairs can provide a modern and fresh look to your home. A well-furnished wooden staircase has the potential to enhance the curb appeal of the house and gives a luxurious feel. Moreover, wooden touch to your home can change the ambience of your place, making it more natural and comfortable.
Probing further, below are the amazing benefits of wooden staircases that every homeowner must know.
- Wooden stairs make your home look attractive – Wood has a timeless beauty that carpeting can’t match. The natural grace of wooden stairs leaves a lasting impression on your guests. The polished wood installed by professionals looks elegant. Moreover, the material is available in a wide range of colors and materials, and you can easily find something to suit the interior of your home. To make your stairs look fancier, you can also add handrails to them.
- Wooden stairs are durable – Where carpet stairs are prone to staining and fading because of regular usage, wooden stairs are more resilient to foot traffic. Hardwood may cost you a bit more initially but is a highly durable material and can last for a lifetime if you take care of them properly.
- Wooden stairs promote healthier living – Carpet fibers can trap allergens, dust and dirt that can reduce the air quality of your home. And if anyone in your home is already suffering from allergies and asthma, then carpet stairs and flooring in your home can worsen the symptoms. Whereas, the wooden surface doesn’t accumulate dust and thus is a healthier option for any home.
- Wooden stairs can easily be refinished – Wooden stairs can take heavy traffic for many years, and at the time of refinishing it requires minimal time, effort and money. So, you need not be worried about the maintenance of the wood staircase.
- Wooden stairs are easy to clean – Unlike carpeted stairs, wood can be cleaned easily. Staircases are frequently victims of muddy footprints and spills, especially if you have children at home. Luckily, if you have a hardwood stairs, you can mop and wipe dirty marks and spills with ease.
- Wooden stairs are environment-friendly – Are you aware the new carpet surfaces emit chemicals years after installation? Yes, it is so, and they are not good for our environment. In contrast, hardwood is a natural and eco-friendly material that does not contain or release harmful chemicals.
- Wooden stairs increase the value of your home – Potential buyers will love to buy a home with wooden stairs. It is because wooden stairs and durable and looks luxurious and elegant. Therefore, if you are planning to sell your house in future, then considering wooden stairs will be a smart choice.