Setting up your outdoor living place can be the most exciting thing one can think of. With all the planters and flower beds ready, furniture installed in its place, barbecue placed near the deck and cleaning process completed; you may think the work is over. But there is more to it!
Don’t forget about installing the lighting fixtures and lamps to enjoy the beauty of your outdoor during the dusk hours. Lighting will highlight the marvellous decor of your landscaping in the dark, giving you a warm and cosy atmosphere to host parties. Lighting will not only illuminate the place but will enhance the functionality of your outdoor living space, reducing the safety risks during the dark.
To understand better, here are some of the amazing benefits of installing lighting in your porch-
1) It illuminates your landscaping- Don’t limit yourself to the living room for hosting parties and for the family gathering, lighting it up. If you have a wide beautiful backyard or the porch, utilize it to attend your guests and spend quality time by illuminating it for the night with the right type of lights.
The second thing to keep in mind is if you have an outdoor kitchen, using individual surface lights will make the cooking, cutting and cleaning easy for you during the night time. Apart from using lights for work purpose, you can install stylish lighting fixtures near the kitchen bar or your patio to create a magnificent ambience too.
2) It adds safety to your place- Another crucial factor that contributes to the installation of lighting in your outdoor living space is the added safety. With the increase in burglary and criminal activities, a dark and dim-lit place becomes an easy target. The untrimmed bushes and branches become the hiding place near the window, providing an effortless route to get into the interiors. If you install LED lights near the gates, around the foundation and prune the tree branches and shrubs timely, burglars will think twice about intruding your place.
3) It enhances the beauty of your decor- Planning the installation of the lighting before the placement can help you comprehend the structure well. You can strategically place lighting on both the sides of the walkway, leading to the front door or near the deck rails to show the pathway to the garden. If you are interested in showing the beauty of your seasonal plants, install spotlights near the edges. Indulge in placing wired lights on the gazebo to create an iconic party vibe.
4) It reduces safety risks- Lighting fixtures installed on the sides of the walkways can lead the foot traffic without making people trip over plant beds and other accessories, reducing the risk of sustaining injuries during the dark.
5) It uplifts the overall curb appeal of your house- Besides enhancing the look of your landscaping, the outdoor lighting uplifts the aesthetics of your entire house. Be ready to receive compliments from your guests and neighbours regarding the beautiful representation of your house.