Where opening a new restaurant is exciting, on the other hand, it is stressful too. There is a lot of equipment and essentials that one needs to purchase to start a restaurant. And the possibility is there; with so many things in mind you can forget a few essential items.
To help you not to forget the essentials of a restaurant, we are here with the list. Read on to know.
- Cooking Equipment - Think what equipment you will need to prepare items on your menu. Saute pans, mixing spoons, bowls of all sizes, spatulas, tasting spoons, squeeze bottle, bench scrapers, etc. These items can vary depending on your menu. So take out some time, and talk to your team to know what all essentials are required for cooking. If you have everything to cook food, then it will prevent you from that last-minute rush.
- Storage Racks and Shelves – If you have properly installed storage racks and shelves of all the sizes, then it will become easy for you to store all the spices, vegetables, and other cooking items. More is space; more organized things can be kept. It will also thus become easier for you to access different utensils and items in the kitchen.
- Safety equipment – A workplace where most of the time you will be using a knife to chop and fire to cook, safety kits are a must. Make sure that the kitchen of your restaurant is stocked with first aid kit and medical emergency kit. You should also keep fire extinguishers in your restaurant. For the safety of your staff, make sure that they wear non-slippery shoes only. Being an owner, it is your duty to take care of your staff. You can even provide them with rubber floor mats to prevent injury.
- Servingware – Can you imagine your restaurant without servingware? Not at all! So essentials that are required for serving are plateware, cutlery, cups, glasses, bowls, and ramekins. Also, note that you will need them in huge quantity. Don’t forget about the number of tables that can fit in your restaurant to serve the customers. Moreover, a mishap can take place anywhere anytime, and your plates or glasses can break, so always have a backup to avoid panic.
- Refrigerators – For any commercial kitchen, refrigerator and freezer should be on top of the list. Without a fridge, nothing can be kept fresh. And in any restaurant to manage inventory, it is essential to have a freezer. Special industrial-grade refrigeration units are also available in the market. They are specially designed to fulfil the unique needs of a commercial kitchen.
- Napkins and Napkin Dispensers – It will be weird if there are no napkins in the restaurant. Your customer will immediately need napkin after finishing their food to clean hands. So keep a good stock of napkins and napkin dispensers to help everyone stay neat and tidy during and after their meal.